Greg Best - Stylist/ Owner
Greg began his career as an Estee Lauder Hair Care expert at Mandala For Hair, rated by Harper’s Bazaar magazine as one of the top 10 salons nationwide. He then specialized in creative coloring in New York with Leland Hirsch.
Greg opened the G Best Color Salon in Portland Oregon in 1986, and has been in demand nationally as a leading stylist and instructor ever since.
G Best was ranked top color salon by SELF Magazine and has been featured in other publication, as well. Recently G Best Color Salon was part of The Color of Passion Vol9. This is a 96 page, hardcover, advertisement free publication of contemporary colored hair designs that is organized into three sections Blondes, Browns and Reds. Greg regularly attends shows and is active in professional associations to keep ahead of salon coloring trends, and to instruct new stylists:
- Certified Redken Deco Color Specialist, Redken Laboratories Los Angles, Greg taught coloring techniques to hair stylists throughout Oregon
- Master Hair Colorist presenter at the Long Beach Guild ‘93 Show
- Presenter at the International Haircolor Exchange in Memphis ‘91 and San Francisco ‘93
- Host of International Haircolor Exchange in Portland OR ‘94
- Vice chairman Oregon State Board of Cosmetology ‘99-03
- Current President of International Haircolor Exchange, and board member since 1995
- John Frieda hair advisory committee, New York, ‘04-05
Greg is hair advisor to KATU’s AM Northwest television show as well as team stylist and hair advisor to the WNBA and ABL basketball associations.
Innovations: Greg Best invented the Appli-Fast hair coloring tool in 1993 and the Best Wave System in 2005 - a texture rod system designed for long hair. For details on the Best Wave, see the products link on this site.
Associates at our location
|Divassi Nails||Saqualla Allen||503-358-1223|
|Evolve Skin Care Studio||Susan Dillenburger||503-310-3080|
|Extensions on Broadway Image Consultant||Launie Buehner||503-595-2993|
|Savy Salon||503 234-2145|